Saturday, July 30, 2016

Song of God


Belief is unsteady, faith is better, certainty still more - so
if I am here, God is proven; when I am gone, no less so.

In  my very core, then call it heart without sentimentality but pleasure;
the Song of God unceasingly sung, intoned in hues no rainbows measure.

Sound beyond sounds, all senses drunk, sturdy and solid, formless, knowledge knows;
current coursing like a sea, a river, a brook, active or idle, each moment devoted: love grows.

Still the mind, let it feed on inner tones, overtones, each syllable of mantra, bhajan, hymn;
His very form is in the word, each letter, so when you sing you're singing Him.

Stand firm in this, and face what comes, the reward your consciousness of Self
responding responsibly, acting through your very Being, for the benefit of sentient life.

With each breath drawn God calls in Song, wherever I stand God knows my place;
the fruits of action only He can determine, in stillness amidst the world my face

I turn to hear it better - at work or at training, at demos or at home, I am true now
to this Song which ever wakens me with:  "Therefore fight, O Arjuna!"

https://jwyoga.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/krishna_arjuna_conchshells.jpg

No comments: