Monday, February 1, 2016

The Banality of Campaign Hype

NOV. 2019 UPDATE TO THIS WRITING:  I wound up indeed voting Trump as that year (2016) drew to a close.  At the time of this writing I still knew nothing about Hillary, nothing about McCain, nothing about Obama, nothing about the Democrats, nothing about Benghazi or complete supplying of ISIS, nothing about the child and weapons and drug trafficking, the paedo-networks, the intensely criminal lives of all of the above.  I knew nothing of their unmitigated treason.  Opportunism yes, but actual treason?  McCain?!  Clinton?...you bet!  I realized just as the election was closing in, that TRUMP was The Man, and he absolutely had to be President.  And with God's will and my vote he will be that again in 2020.  So much has happened in all this time to confirm the worst - and, the best reasons to have and to keep Trump in Office.  McCain and Bush Sr. have been duly executed while on their own death beds.  More to come.  Here is a load on Benghazi, a must-listen:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeInV5RoBU
*************************************************


TRUMP DOES IT AGAIN: Whenever I see him or even hear him mentioned I turn the channel before my stomach turns more than it already has. Only this time I was in the living room of a patient, and the news channel she had on was carrying a short bit of CNN, and as she is hard of hearing she had it on loud. No escaping the 10 minutes of unbearable American hype – and campaign hype at its worst, most obnoxiously from Republicans anyway.

All about Donald. Among other things, the one that blew me away – and maybe I had to hear that so that I could share this with y’all – was where he said he wants to (or he’s "going to"!) make America great again. Great. A narcissistic megalomaniac who’d never seen warfare is going to make an already megalomaniacal American empire: "great...again". But Republicans eat that up anyway, they go into a sect-like frenzy over this kind of babble, they’ve done it before, they always will. Then he took the Blue Ribbon in the most shameful insult upon injury toward those who are or were ever or will be sent into the front lines of America’s war plans.

Just to score a few cheap points off of McCain and at the cost of all the lipservice to the men and women in military service – he let all illusions of campaign honorability drop, revealing once again the sheer and tasteless shallowness of what passes for "moral integrity" in American politics - and not only Republican:

He said, and I quote: "Right, McCain – he ran on his fame for having spent six years imprisoned in North Vietnam. Well I’ll tell ya – I’m not into prisoners. I’m not into anyone who let’s himself get captured and imprisoned. I’m for victory."

Whoa – dude! – or shall I already be saying Duce: Trump just openly insulted in the crassest words I can imagine, on nationwide TV, before all his slobbering voters and fan(atic)s, he just shit on all the soldiers who ever had been caught and imprisoned, perhaps tortured, definitely traumatized, who never knew if or when they’d ever leave or survive that captivity, who had gone where they were sent by those sitting where Trump plans to sit, sent by those who could give a goddamn what happens to them and now he lets the sacrifice which they’d made in being there in captivity look weak and stupid.

I’ll be honest: I wish Trump all that McCain had gone through in those six years in a bamboo cage, I wish him that. See how he deals with it.


He not only owes McCain an apology – he has seriously dissed every American vet of every war then, now, or in the future. And then he’s followed on the rostrum by PALIN ("We're gonna kick ISIS' ass!") – yeah, whose only claim to fame she owes to McCain anyway – you know her, the tiny pitbull with lipstick and not a brain in her skull. That Palin.

I wish it were the other Palin whom I love, but this wasn’t Monty Python, it just should have been. Nope – all those vet-worshipping Trump-fans were eating this shit out of his hand.

But if he makes candidacy then let the idiocy roll, it’s already fixed. Whoever wants to vote for this creature – maybe he’ll even bring her along – go for it, knock yourselves out.

Bark about Obama all you want, bark about Hillary, bark about Sanders – I don’t care, I’m not voting Dem in either. I’ve seen through it long enough, and more. My battle is here in Berlin, and it’s uphill and hopeless enough.

8 Jun 16:  I have reconsidered my decision not to vote anyone, and will most certainly go against my rule of never voting GOP, by voting Trump - in fact praying that he takes it.  Merely seeing or hearing Hillary turns my stomach; I never got a good feeling in the belly hearing Obama speak; Bernie wasn't going to turn this matter around either, and would only add to certain problems.  Never from the GOP, and never from really anyone n a very long time, have I heard a speech which sat well with my gut as did this - Trump's full 7Jun16 speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MYvdDNNgYQ 


http://samuelinayatchisti.blogspot.de/2014/12/am-i-being-un-patriotic.html

http://samuelinayatchisti.blogspot.de/2015/11/911-how-can-i-help-you.html

No comments: