Monday, November 25, 2013

Why Do These Tears Fall Suddenly Now

You are as a brother to me,
and it pleases me to love you as one,
you tirelessly post statements, I send you poetry,
both of us are serving Hanuman.

I feel so internally this bond, HD,
why else should this verse interrupt me at prayer!
I know this eternally between two such as we,
I stop at merging, the better to behold your face the more.

Sitting with you alone, on this ancient temple ground,

our inner ear full of the sacred timeless Sound –
our outer ear bombarded by chattering monkeys all around.

I am absorbed as are you; I could embrace,
draw the world into my bosom like Amma –
or a mother hen, as Jesus lamented Jerusalem;
I could outrun horses with Jap Sahib on my lips,
sword at my hip, in the service of Gobind Singh.

No comments: