Thursday, November 14, 2013

On Silence and Two Sonnets


Holding my speech I'll let the Silence be my speaking,
holding my tongue, my pen aloft, I'll let the Silence compose;
surrendering to patient Silence what we've been seeking,
I'll cherish every thought of you which e'er arose.
And there not stopping, nor for one moment freaking –
but hold you e'er fast 'in me, while this Love grows.


 
I.
Will Tina have me be kind?
Then I’ll be that and more for her sake, as she’d have it;
Considerate and gentle, for indeed she
‘s God, in form of my desir’d Beloved.

There West, in San Anselmo in Silence
Dress’d, tho’ wearing nought but jewels of light;
There she frolics and lives, waits in patience
For the hour, for the day, that very night

When our faces meet, lips part to press,
Seal the advent of Love’s consummation;
Bodies yielding to ev’ry touch, caress,
Giving o’er to this Communication.

And should these lines my Darling so please, sure
Shall’t go better when I serve her pleasure.



II.

In your Body deep am I, you in mine,
Ev’ry breath I draw is of your fragrance;
Muttering your name, Dear, within God’s Name –
Radiating before my eyes you dance.

Lover non-separate from Beloved,
Tho’ t geographic, circumstantial seem;
Two breaths as one shall keep one sacred bed,
And this, Love’s light – from our like faces beam.

Autumn’s wind tells me of your warm embrace,
December’s winter draws me toward your lap;
There to rest and bury my yearning face,
And upon your breasts too, this burning chap!

For if Spring’s a sign of our Fullfilment,
Summer’s star-cast heaven’s our Firmament.



No comments: