Saturday, May 10, 2014

Forty Days After – and Fifty: Ascension/Pentecost

(Acts 1:3, 9-11; Acts 2:1-17)

After all the Prophets early and late – stands Christ before Pontius Pilate;
only with Good Friday's Crucifixion – comes that Easter Resurrection;
without the Bodily Ascension – there'd be no Pentecostal apprehension.


"Preceding Abraham I Am – and now these mine,
                    crowned with tongues of flame:
from Galilee to Jerusalem I prepared their way,
                    abiding with them to the End of Days.
Come night and all darkness upon the world, no surprises – all foretold;
I walk behind, beside, within and before them –
                   'Quo Vadis?' I ask, there to receive them.
Those who are loyal to the Light, and true –
                    whether you call yourself Christian or Jew,
I await and expect of these of my cloth,
                    my Lovingkindness waking them from sloth.
For there are mine as well ye know not of –
                    the proof of their Faith is in their Love."

No comments: