Friday, May 23, 2014

A Child's Book of Grace and Blessings

(Summer of 1982, Longmont CO: it all came to me while taking a bath one afternoon, after work at a doughnut shop - all of it, in that bathtub, the whole draft in one shock hit. ... the cat came much later of course.)

 Sometimes God gets lonely too -
That's why He created you.




God is mercy, God is sweet -
I count my blessings as I eat. (I)




God is mercy, God is sweet -
I count my blessings as I eat. (II)
 




God is beauty, God is light -
How I thank Him for my sight.




God is dear, and always near -
If I listen I will hear.




Toward all His creatures He is kind -
I'll copy Him toward all I find.




God is here, and also there - 
Makes it easier to share.




God is great, and God is small - 
No one owns 'im (He belongs to all).




He lives and loves through everybody - 
(I sing to Him while on the potty).




He's always where I wish to go - 
He gets there first - how does He know!




He's not a "man" an' not a "lady" - 
Unless I make 'im to be ...
Always watching what I do,
He's deep inside of me.




I am His, and you are too - 
He cherishes both me and you.




The Friend who never goes away, 
I sing for Him each night and day -
I'm proud of HIm without a doubt,
He knows my feelings inside-out.




His laughter fills me when I play -
And He never, ever missed my birthday!




Puja-Mausi cannot read this, I suppose - 
But then, she doesn't need to, for she knows.

No comments: