Monday, April 8, 2019

Is That My Father?



He wends his way from his room
to us on the balcony, my son, my pride.
"Is that my father?" brings me from my seat.

"Is that my son!" I reply approaching,
kissing him on the neck in Biblical fashion,
as father receives son in a firm embrace.

His mother is no longer, but in now our hearts.
Sweet is his countenance, his stature robust,
he is in my every most tender thought.

My very breath, in word and in stillness,
would lend his spirit all the strength
bespeaking our twenty-two years of trust, of love.

May our Heavenly Father give this father
the wisdom to further guide this son,
even that Father received his mother to the bosom

of His eternal sovereign love and joy.
My boy, my young man, apple of my eye,
song of my soul, should grow

and mature in the robustness of his great heart,
that he may meet and confront his future
with boldness of character and sovereign love.

His father will always have his back,
our Heavenly Father so willing - Whose light so
shine within his heart, even as he shine in mine.







No comments: