Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Je ne serai jamais ce qu'ils veulent


Je ne "serais" jamais Bruxelles
I will not "je suis" with the herd, tell
them for me, Let each do as s/he pleases,
with my blessing and best wishes.
I will not bend with the manipulated masses,
and no Belgian flag will color my page.
No "feel good mourning" on their command will assuage
my deep contempt for the pre-orchestrated lies of those
governing lackeys in the EU-Parliament, nor close
this matter neatly, starkly cynical, till the next, on Merkel's watch.
The slimy hypocrisy of this cheap charade of victim "solidarity" -
will I then see "ich bin" with the Federal colors of Germany?
I'm still waiting since New Year's Eve for "je suis Cologne",
much longer for "je suis Sweden"; Rotherham's left quite alone.
On my window sill burns a candle still, and in my breast a wrath.
The one tells of real mourning and sleepless nights, a path
implied toward those unmentioned and those who'll likewise be.
The other waits patiently, knowing what's coming, it's not hard to see.
Molenbeek was not awakened, kept ignorant of what was known,
no alarm was sounded there, no measures taken - what was sown
was reaped to keep the voters docile. Now all the media's punditry
paraded before the cameras, feed you and me the usual sundry
of pre-digested "assurances", reformulated and full of nothing.
But one thing you can bet the farm on, the mark of ev'ry "analyst":
We who've been warning, and will continue, are all "right-wing populists"!


No comments: