Saturday, October 11, 2014

All Women Are Created Equal

I long for a bygone Feminism without the ism which all morphed into the creature we have today
- which does not even bear addressing here -
I long for a Voice among Women and the Men who stand with them,
to expose and confront the mentality
in the still perpetrator-friendly and victim-hostile public mind
that when school girls, teenagers and young women
are being stalked, accosted, baited, lured, groomed
for a thoroughly primitive and brutal sex industry,
mistreated and beaten, repeatedly raped and forced into a hostage-slavery,
whether by networking pedophiles anywhere
or gangs of Pakistani Muslims in Rotherham or Boko Haram in Nigeria
- anywhere, everywhere: that when these are being spoken of, reported in the press, tsk-tsk'd as being unfairly "treated like whores or sluts"
(for their appearance or because they're often "poor white trash" etc.)
- I want it to go on record, if only this once, right here and on my board,
because I am really fed up over this central point and feel ready
to go out and take no prisoners:
NO "WHORE" AND NO "SLUT" (BY WHATEVER REASON SO REFERRED TO AND WITHOUT EXCEPTION ) "DESERVES" AS IT WERE, ON THIS BASIS, TO EVER EVER EVER BE VICTIM TO PREDATORS AND LOATHED AND LEFT OUT TO HANG BY AN EITHER INDIFFERENT PUBLIC AND ITS INSTITUTIONS OR BY A VERY OLD AND DEEPLY EMBEDDED CONTEMPT TOWARD THE FEMALE GENDER OR TOWARD CHILDREN AS FAIR GAME.
Moreover: whores are human beings, sluts are human beings,
and the one thing I view which decides for me between
human and sub-human (not dissing the animal kingdom!)
is empathy or the absence of it, in whatever sphere we are speaking of.
I wish to see an end to a twisted old prudery toward sexuality,
and to a predator industry so way out of bounds
as counterweight to the latter,
I wish to see every single female from infancy to ripe old maturity,
honored as the Embodiment of Woman, regardless or rather inclusive of,
however she fits into that embodiment;
I wish to see all women as women treated first of all and foremost,
with the dignity of Being Woman.
I know wherof I speak, and it is a fierce love for that Woman.

No comments: