Sunday, July 6, 2014

Facing Any Mob: I Am A Social-Democrat

If you are being beaten or lynched by a mob,
whether literally or figurative-ideologically,
I will not hesitate to come to your aid,
to place myself between you and that mob,
to defend your life and your right to life.
I will not support your victimhood,
I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you
and face off the mob which outnumbers you.
Come what may.

I'd do this without hesitation,
because my Beloved would have it so;
I am a social-democrat not by dogma
but by conviction, out of instinct and principle.
I have no Party and recognize none.
My soul rests in my Beloved's hands.

If you are gay and facing that mob, or if you are hetero;
if you are of any religious persuasion – any – or of none,
and facing that mob; if you are a woman or a man,
if you are of any ethnicity or nationality facing the extinction
through the mob, of your very identity;
if you are simply of your own opinion and facing that mob:
I will stand by you, and my eyes will be clear,
my nerves resting in the purpose of my Beloved,
we will rise to the occasion without fear.

And if YOU ARE the mob, whether you are
gay or hetero, Muslim or Evangelical, Haredi or atheist,
male or female, from the fascists of the Right or of the Left,
pork-hater or racist or Establishment-sheeple-rep;
and if you intend to beat or pillory or lynch anyone on my watch –
whether literally or figurative-ideologically –
then hear this:

I will stand against you with that one,
shoulder to shoulder, come what may,
I will mount the barricades and I will confront you.
I am not large, but I am determined.
I am a social-democrat by conviction,
by instinct and principle, I cannot be intimidated.
My soul rests in the hands of my Beloved.


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIHV8Xp4N4g

No comments: