Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"If you must know . . . "

I am the Jew no congregation would have a place for, I am the Christian no church could rein in, I am the Muslim no mosque would know what to do with. I am free to worship where I Am.

I am my only pupil. I am alone in the all-pervasive community of those like myself who worship and celebrate God on their own two feet, consciously and creatively and in joy.

My form of expression reflects East and West both, without the least contradiction.

What I do I've been doing already for thousands of years, I am very old. And I am very young, even newborn, I am a child. Like you, I am here to learn and to develop consciously.

I am your servant.

I am here to remind you that God is our Lover, not our Jailer.

I don't believe in some “God-of-Other“ much less try to love that.

I love God, only therefore do I believe in God, for I have faith in That which I love; this relationship only confirms and strengthens and increases my faith and my love. Belief is only an opinion – you can believe in something now and drop it later.

He is closer to me than my own jugular vein, closer to me than my own breath. Therefore I sense my pulse and stay fixed and concentrated on or in my breath, call it breathing practice if you will, the practice of conscious breathng.

Concentration here and now on pulse and on breath, the awareness of His presence, this alone makes me present. Conscious singing is also a form of breath practice, with voice – such are its qualities: it is celebratory and increases joy, or it is healing, or it is creatively enabling for me and for those on whom it works in the surrounding reaches of the atmosphere which it charges. This is a matter of factual practice, not philosophy or discussion. Nor is what is being sung discussed right here. That always depends on what is needed. Sometimes it is to ground, sometimes to elevate and produce more joy.

Imagine someone you love – someone not living with you, but someone you know and see often or rarely – someone you love ever so much. Imagine that that person was everywhere you turned, ever present for you wherever your thought was with or of that person. You wouldn't need to go to their house to find them. Likewise do I have no need of a church, a synagogue, a mosque. Nor do I reject them.

Someone landed in Heaven after living a life hell-bent on getting to Heaven – so she got there, and was ceremoniously ushered in to “Jesus“ - but after getting all excited over this figure who was cut right out of her Sunday-school idea of how He'd always appeared, she noticed it didn't move, it was made of cardboard. She got upset and asked where Jesus was, this is not what she'd quite bargained for all her life.

She was told, “Oh, He's hardly ever here, that's why this is up. Actually, He doesn't even look like this, no image could actually hold Him or depict Him, He's pretty indescribable. Where is He? Oh, He's probably in Hell, goes there a lot, spent His first 3 days there, you know, after His...well, you know. What's He doing in Hell, you ask! Well – what's He supposed to do up here, hand out candy? He passes through all the Hell realms, dear, He brings the highest light into the deepest darkness and...well, you know, transforms outer Being. Oh my, you don't know. Well, you'll have to go ask Him. So if you want to find Him, and be near to Him and give your hand into His hand - go to Hell, if you'll pardon my saying so – go there where He is, not here where you can take it all easy. But please, if that is what you want, if it's Heaven you want, then by all means stay here, you'll be sweetly taken care of, you can chat and gossip with all your fellow believers over coffee and cake. No telling when He may drop by, so stick around, it's very nice here you know.“

So I have no longing to go to Heaven to meet a cardboard Lord, I'll go meet my Lord wherever He is and wherever He'll have me meet Him, and if that's Hell, I can manage that with Him, my Beloved, beside me, my place with Him is there wherever I am needed.

Love of religion is not love of God, the latter has nothing to carry on its sleeve, there is no ego in it. And it carries no aggression or need of recognition or to “prove“ something, therefore it supports no missionizing.






https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YcOQY-n-EWs

No comments: