Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Brandi Blues

Did you really think I only ever loved cats and goats??

Brandi came to stay with me while I held down the Berlin flat of a colleague of mine who was called to the States on business for ten months, between '93-'94.

Image may contain: dog


Singing Brandi
(Written 11 Apr 93, right after I'd found a permanent family for her, which I knew I myself could not provide - it was a bittersweet parting, she took it trustingly and good-naturedly.)


Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting, dog, outdoor and nature

I sing of Brandi medium blonde sweet-natured gal, we've formed a bond
with fuzzy kisses wrestling wild I love her as she were my child
and I her Papa doting proud she follows loyal ignores the crowd
to be with me and at my side safely in my caress abides.
I bathe 'er feed 'er walk 'er oft a thousand names I whisper soft
I sing to 'er I taunt 'er and chide 'er I grab 'er sheppy-husky mane
life's basic needs are all that I provide 'er always onthe floor she's lain.
No spoiled mutt just happy snappy frisky and devoted
the pleasure of contentment in her grinning black muzzle loaded
she's a flipped-out circus pup-hearted ego-shiner when I walk through that door
a tail-waggin' four-legged jaw-droppin' tongue-flappin' cracker-jack and more.
My Brandi-Bran my honey-comb bitch trusting eyes she'd rather bite than switch.
My moo-cow little calf lambchop wailingwith an elephant-laugh.
And she's gone now, she's gone now, she's gone now, she's gone now
And I miss 'er, I miss 'er I miss 'er, yeah I miss 'er
And whadaya gonna do, y'know, whadaya gonna do
except sing them Brandi-Blues.


Image may contain: dog and outdoor

Take it, Freddy.

"Yeah, she's gone now, oh she's gone now, and he misses 'er, yeah he misses 'er..."

Awright, Freddy, that's enough, shaddup.


Image may contain: dog and indoor

No comments: