Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Singing Her, Seeing Her



Singing the Sri Mahalaksmyastakam
or singing the Kundalini Stavah . . .
I am absorbed in seeing Her in every Woman's form and potential
whom I encounter - on whatever basis, to whatever degree,
and without exception.
Regarding Her, acknowledging and addressing Her,
perhaps I may even awaken Her in those very forms,
by my mere glance or touch
awaken in them as well to that consciousness of Her,
or perhaps not.


It doesn't matter.
The Hymn to Mahalaksmi, the Hymn to the Kundalini,
is a declaration of love from Him to Her,
nothing else, and nothing less.
Deep in my ajna-brow,
deep in my hridaya-heart,
deep in my very belly and in my loins,
there I hold Her fast in my arms' embrace,
there I behold Her face.
On my breath I feel the scent of Her -
when I am training or performing prayers,
I feel the warmth of Her smile on my skin -
when I am singing She is making love with me.
Shall I ever deny this?


No comments: