Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pourquoi je ne suis pas

Je suis is in, there is a trend to je suis-ing
ever since Charlie took a Muslim hit.
Je suis is I am,
one empathetically identifies in solidarity
with the vicitms of an aggressive act.
Je suis Charlie, je suis juif, je suis a murdered lad,
we may be seeing more of this in our
sense of powerlessness.
Descartes, giving us the basis
of Rationalist identity, claimed:
"I think, therefore je suis."
Some still debate that he rejected faith,
but for Muslims we are all unbelievers.
Being very much identified with my faith
I choose to ne suis pas.
I will not identify with this victimhood,
if Islam holds me to be Kafir (unbeliever)
in a world to be conquered, full of unbelieving
Kufar, then let me be that, and no victim
to this mad arrogance.
Je suis Kufar, and nothing else.
Let me join with all the loathed non-Muslim world,
the Jews and the Christians, the Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists,
the Parsis and Animists, the Alawites and the I'm-alrights,
the "wrong"-Muslims and the Ex-Muslims,
the atheists and the agnostics,
let us join together in a
conscious confession of own conscience,
saying: "Je suis Kufar!"
And saying it with conviction and with defiance.


No comments: