Sunday, December 14, 2014

Myself and Glad of It

I am so glad to be me,
no – make that overjoyed,
by God I am glad of it!
I don't wish to be anyone else
for better or worse, a blessing or curse,
I have so much to do, there's much to be done;
time is a luxury, and so am I.

I've but one wish toward
all those others about me –
extending to still more others –
a horde of them, a city, a continent:

I want each one, each and every one
of you to stop and love yourself,
rejoice with me in being you –
for as there's no other me,
there can be no other you.

When you have this, really
when you have this, only then
will you have ground, the earth
will bless your feet, the air
will refresh your mental and physical wealth.

Only then will you grasp equality, basic sanity,
giving and receiving, becoming Human.
When you have this – only then will you
finally be in the position to ask:
What is this “I“ all about?
No one else can do that but you.


No comments: