Monday, September 22, 2014

What I Told The Kids


What I told the kids was this:
God is Love.
God is as vastly impersonal as outer space (I said)
and as up close as a lamb's snooter;
as grand as galaxies
and as intimate as your next breath.

I told the kids:
God is as male to the core as it gets,
and as deeply, unspeakably feminine as well –
while not necessarily either-or, certainly in their creative union.

God is Love, I told 'em,
greeted you on your arrival,
greets you on your departure,
entering and receiving you your life long
on every breath you take.

Forever isn't "a long long time," I told 'em,
but is outside of time altogether.
So God is here and is now, and in reality –
just eternally-forever that.
All else is suffering, all else is suffering.

And you are That,
whatever anyone else tries to tell you;

remember, you are That.

So you really can afford to show kindness, feel empathy,
have patience and consideration, and learn to trust yourself
to have faith.

If you can carry this on the tip of your tongue and give it a tune,
learn to sing it, God will dance there,
you won't ever be bummed out for long.
Yeah, God is Love, and your wildest source of joy.
Now just go be happy.

Well, that's what I told the kids.




No comments: