Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Embracing Monday

On Monday the world cranks up again, I feel it,
there's a kind of pressing force and I have to rise
to meet it and to embrace it as it is.
Monday the world of getting and achieving is back.
Saturday's Sabbath or Sunday's Sovereignty
should bring all its fineness to bear,
to temper the material clang of Monday's challenges.
O, smug skeptic and material atheist, do I care?
I entertain no difference between us –
if I have no need myself to "be someone,"
why should I require or desire that of you?
I have experienced seeing that you are divine.
I can only know this because I am.
From that I know to love, and by this love alone
I arrive at belief, and only then faith.
In that order, and this is our only difference –
certainly you don't think there's more to it than that?
We each turn our knob to the best suited radio frequency
and put our shoulder to the wheel.
Embracing this Monday together, who knows
what grace may await?


No comments: